M.Ed. Educational Inquiry (32 units)
The Educational Inquiry Concentration is designed for educators who aspire to deepen their understanding of:
- 21st century skills in developing and implementing project based lessons/units.
- School reform and the urgency to create change systems within the classroom and school-site.
- Teacher leadership by enhancing skills in coaching, lesson design, and current research-based educational practices.
- Action research with the process of reviewing research and the practice of collecting and analyzing data.
Candidates may be eligible to transfer up to eight units of credential coursework pending transcript review.
- CURR321 Research Methods and Application (3)
- CURR341 Preparing Students for the 21st Century (3)
- CURR343 Curriculum for the 21st Century (3)
- CURR345 Teacher Action Research (3)
- CURR384 Writing a Literature Review (2)
- CURR344 Lesson Study (2)
- CURR346 Teacher Leader Lab (3)
- CURR347 Theory of Teacher Leadership (1)
- CURR385 Masters Project in Educational Inquiry (4)
- Curriculum Electives* (1-8)
View courses descriptions
Please visit the Tuition page for full details.
- Online Application
- Letter of Candidate Introduction
- Official Sealed Transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Post Baccalaureate Program i.e. Credential and/or master’s degree program (if applicable).
- Emergency Contact Form (within application)
- Acceptable Use Policy & Computer Use Agreement Form (within application)
- Audio/Photo/Video Media Release Form (within application)
- $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for IMPACT candidates)
Two recommendations are required to be accepted (one must be from a current employer). The TCSJ Graduate Studies Department will contact your recommenders once your application is received and provide them with a link to an online recommendation form.
Teachers College of San Joaquin is approved by the California State approved Agency to enroll veterans and other eligible persons.
TCSJ will maintain a written record of the previous education and training (e.g. transcripts) of veterans and eligible persons. The record will clearly indicate if credit has been granted and candidates will be notified accordingly per 21.4253 (d)(3)