TEACHING IN THE CONCURRENT CLASSROOM: A HYBRID TEACHING WORKSHOP
As more and more districts prepare to bring students back on campus in a hybrid format, this course is designed to prepare teachers to teach students in both in-person and digital settings. This course is influenced by leading educational thinkers with a focus on EdTech tools that show proven impact on learning. Opportunities to collaborate with fellow colleagues will foster a culture of sharing, constructive feedback and lead to innovative ideas. We will focus on models of blended learning that allow teachers to maximize their face-to-face time with students while encouraging interaction between students. Finally, we will demonstrate how tech tools can help increase their efficiency in terms of communication, providing feedback and create engaging asynchronous lessons.
PRIMARY LEARNING OUTCOMES AND/OR COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Having access to GSuite for Education will be helpful!
- The course will focus on exciting and engaging tech tools . The Edtech tools cover may include Flipgrid, EdPuzzle, Jamboard, Screencastify, Google Forms, Google Sites, Pear Deck, and NearPod.
- Participants will be provided with Provide Hybrid teaching models that teachers can 'pick and pull' from.
- Participants will be exposed to screen recording tools and practice with effective methods for recording instructions or direct teaching.
- Participants will be able to illustrate the importance of the social dimension in the classroom and identify EdTech tools that they can use with students to help foster its growth.
EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR CREDIT
Credit will be earned through participation in all of the course sessions and through a lesson analysis presentation during the last class meeting.
$751 PD Unit
Course + 1 PD Unit = $175
- Course Dates:
- Online (Zoom), Synchronous
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30-7:30 pm
December 8, 10, 15, 17 and January 5, 7
- Students will also receive a Teachers College Google account and use Canvas.
- Course Instructor:
- Jonathan Gillig, M.Ed.
- Minimum of 15 Enrolled to Hold Course