Universal Design in Remote Learning
A course by Novak Educational Consulting
We live in a brave new world! COVID-19 has changed everything, and we must respond accordingly. This course has been designed to help you navigate the use of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Remote Learning so that each of your students can access rigorous standards while engaging with a flexible curriculum that is relevant, authentic, and meaningful. Remote learning is something that is new to many of us, but we will have to not only be ready to use it but be ready to use it successfully as we adapt to what is hopefully our new and better normal.
- Learn how to identify barriers in lesson design, particularly new barriers that arise through remote and distance learning.
- Understand and be able to explain the fundamental concepts of UDL and use those concepts to structure remote learning experiences that meet the needs of all learners.
- Define and develop your own “Instructor Presence” in a remote learning environment and learn how to build strong relationships with students in remote and distance settings.
- Explore and implement different techniques to help students learn how to better manage their time and improve executive functioning in remote settings.
- Investigate and create a new system for course development and delivery that can take advantage of a remote learning necessity.
- Learn how to integrate student feedback into your remote learning.
ModulesModule 1 Barriers
Module 2 Variability
Module 3 Planning
Module 4 Instructor Presence
Module 5 Delivering your course
Module 6 Time Management
Module 7 Remote Learning
Module 8 Student Feedback
About Novak Educational Consulting
Novak Educational Consulting is the premier organization for designing and delivering high-quality, evidence-based professional development on multi-tiered systems of support, evidence-based tiered interventions, evidence-based literacy models, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and effective leadership practices.
Course + 3 PDUs = $395
- Course Dates:
- Asynchronous, self-paced
- Course Instructor:
- Tom Thibodeu