A teacher who holds (or is eligible for) a clear or preliminary Education Specialist Credential can earn the ECSE Added Authorization with additional coursework. This authorization enables them to work with children from birth through kindergarten that qualify for special education services.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Valid California Education Specialist Teaching Credential (visit www.ctc.ca.gov) OR proof of progress toward an Education Specialist Teaching Credential
Application Deadline: ECSE Added Authorization Applications are accepted twice a year with the following deadlines: July 15 & Dec. 15
Required Coursework (13 Units) *New Fall 2022
- EDSP 230: Curriculum, Environments and Intervention for Early Childhood Special Education (4)
- EDSP 231: Assessment and Evaluation for Early Childhood (2)
- EDSP 232: Communication, Language and Literacy Development in Early Childhood (3)
- EDSP 208: Educating Students with Complex and Diverse Social, Behavioral and Emotional Health Needs (1)
- EDSP 209: Access and Inclusion for Students with Health, Mobility, Movement, and Sensory Needs (2)
- EDSP 289: Support Supervision: ECSEAA (1)
*Equivalencies for prior coursework may be granted pending review of transcripts.