The Mathematics Instructional Added Authorization (MIAA) program will provide qualified teachers with advanced training in mathematical content knowledge, specialized mathematical knowledge for teaching and thinking, and pedagogical knowledge and practice for teaching mathematics. With these high level skills, MIAA credentialed teachers will be prepared to diagnose and provide intensive intervention for children who are mathematically at-risk, coach teachers to effectively intervene, accommodate, and differentiate their own mathematics instruction, and offer professional development for effective implementation of the California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. All MIAA credential holders will have expertise in developing and coordinating integrated mathematics curricula, designing and implementing intensive interventions and accommodations to increase student engagement and proficiency, and to address the instructional needs of English Learners, students with disabilities, gifted and talented students, and students mathematically at-risk. The holder of the MIAA will be highly qualified to teach mathematics content through Algebra One/Integrated One in a departmentalized setting.
- Graduate Studies Application
- Official transcripts from bachelor's degree and teacher preparation program(s) (not required if you are an IMPACT graduate)
- Evidence of Valid California Teaching Credential(s) or CTE Clear Credential
- Evidence that you will complete three years of credentialed teaching experience (excluding student and intern teaching) by the time you finish the MIAA program (Letter from administrator on district letterhead)
- Copy of English Learner authorization issued by the Commission
- Basic Skills Requirement
- District Agreement Form
- Emergency Contact Form (within application)
- Candidate Acceptable Use Policy and Computer Use Agreement Form (within application)
- Audio/Photo/Video Media Release Form (within application)
- $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee (waived for IMPACT candidates)
In the summer prior to beginning the MIAA Program, a test demonstrating your math proficiency will be administered at TCSJ.
Teachers College of San Joaquin is approved by the California State approved Agency to enroll veterans and other eligible persons.
TCSJ will maintain a written record of the previous education and training (e.g. transcripts) of veterans and eligible persons. The record will clearly indicate if credit has been granted and candidates will be notified accordingly per 21.4253 (d)(3)