Intern Eligible Requirements
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) has set specific guidelines outlining the requirements to be "Intern Eligible":
- Possess a Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited Institution
- Complete a Pre-Service Program (Coursework offered at TCSJ)
- Meet Basic Skills Requirement (e.g. CBEST)
- Complete Subject Matter Competency (e.g. CSET)
- Meet US Constitution Requirement
Let us help you advertise your EDJOIN postings!
Please email Katie Turner (email@example.com) your edjoin postings, flyers, and upcoming recruitment events for us to post on our Job Postings Page and bulletin board.
Do you know any teachers or substitutes that need help passing the CBEST, CSET, or RICA? TCSJ has partnered with TEACHERS TEST PREP to offer ONLINE prep at a discount.
The basic skills requirement can be met by completing one of the following requirements:
- CSET Multiple Subject CSET Writing Skills subtest #142 score reports
- Results of CSU EAP test â€“ Math and English results: â€œCollege Readyâ€ or â€œExemptâ€
- CSU Placement Test score reports showing a score of 50 on Entry Level Math (ELM) test and 151 on the English Placement Test (EPT) OR combined passing EAP and EPT/ELM examination scores
- Basic Skills Examination report from another state
- SAT score reports showing a minimum score in English of 500 and in Mathematics of 550
- ACT score reports showing a minimum score in English of 22 and in Mathematics of 23 College Board Advanced Placement (AP) examination score reports showing a minimum score in English of 3 and in Calculus or Statistics of 3
Teachers College offers Paraprofessional training for educators working in a special education setting. For additional information, access the Paraprofessional Training page.
Out of State Credentials
Below are CCTC leaflets for people transferring credentials from out of state. Candidates must submit ALL documents (documents dependent on their years of experience).
Are you offering trainings and/or institutes for teachers?
You have the opportunity to provide PD units to your teachers from TCSJ! Contact Dr. Sylvia Turner for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org.