2021 Preview Day
Attend our virtual Preview Day to catch a glimpse of what it's like to be a TCSJ student! Preview Day will be held ONLINE through Zoom on Saturday, March 27, 2021 from 8:30am to 12:00pm.
ATTENDEES WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Attend an information session on the program of their choice
- Q&A with current students & alumni
- Experience a TCSJ class
- Enter into a raffle!
If you are unable to attend any of our upcoming informational meetings, please complete this online form to request a copy of a pre-recorded meeting.
TCSJ offers the following Master's Degree Program in Education* Concentrations:
- Early Education
- Educational Inquiry
- Education Leadership & School Development (with or without Administrative Services Credential)
- Environmental Literacy
- Special Education
*The Master's in Education Program is NOT a Teaching Credential Program. Attend an informational meeting for the IMPACT Teaching Credential Program OR Teacher Residency Program if you are interested in obtaining a teaching credential.
The IMPACT Preliminary Teaching Credential Program is an alternative pathway to acquire a teaching credential (CCTC). Teachers who begin their teaching career with an Intern Credential, are employed and paid by the school district as the "teacher of record" for their classrooms, work closely with a Support Supervisor and attend evening classes in a cohort model twice a week for two years to earn a Preliminary Teaching Credential.
Attend an informational meeting to learn about program requirements, tuition, how to apply and more.
In-person and online meetings will be held on the following dates:
March 1 at 3:00PM
*If you have a teaching credential and want to add an authorization/credential, we recommend that you contact a program advisor for advisement:
- Beth Jara, Education Specialist IMPACT Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Michele Badovinac, IMPACT Program Director and Single Subject Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Jones, Multiple Subjects IMPACT Program Coordinator, email@example.com
In addition to TCSJ's IMPACT Intern Primary Teaching Credential Program, TCSJ now offers "Residency at TCSJ," a one-year traditional option to acquire a preliminary teaching credential. The teacher residency model requires a year-long intensive placement with a master teacher - which is significantly longer than other traditional programs that require a short-term student teaching experience. The program is constructed around the schedule of the P-12 schools, thus enabling an authentic, year-long clinical experience with a master teacher, who serves as the residency candidate on-site, classroom mentor.
* Must have at least four years of CA credentialed experience to begin the Administrative Services Credential Program.
More dates to come. Check back soon!
March 3 at 4PM
- More dates to come. Check back soon!
If you would like to request an advisement appointment, please redirect to our Contact page and send us a message with the subject "Request CTE Advisement".