Veterans AffairsApril 27, 2023 2023-05-03 12:54
Advisement and Support
Teachers College of San Joaquin is proud to provide individualized attention to our veterans and other eligible persons. Contact our admissions team at email@example.com or (209) 468-4926 to connect with an advisor.
Teachers College of San Joaquin Maintains VA Policies That…
- Inform an enrolled covered individual of the availability of federal financial aid, not administered by VA that is offered by the institution. At this time, TCSJ students are not eligible for Federal Student Aid to pay for their tuition.
- Alert the individual of the potential eligibility for other federal financial aid before packaging or arranging student loans or alternative financing. Students receive a promissory note with information on expectations for tuition payments.
- Prohibit automatic renewal of a covered individual in a course and/or programs.
- Ensure each covered individual approves of the enrollment in a course. Students sign a form during advisement as well sign a promissory note upon enrollment.
- Allow enrolled members of the Armed Forces, including reserve components and National Guard to be readmitted if such members are temporarily unavailable or must suspend enrollment by reason of serving in the Armed Forces.
- Accommodate short absences for such services in the Armed Forces.
- Provide covered individuals the requirements for graduation and a graduation timeline: https://teacherscollegesj.edu/Admissions/Policies. Students are provided this information during advisement and orientation meetings.
- Obtain approval of the respective accrediting agencies for each new course or program:
- Teachers College of San Joaquin is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Credential Programs offered at TCSJ are fully accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- Designate an employee of the educational institution to serve as a point of contact for covered individuals and family members seeking assistance with:
- Academic Counseling: Program Coordinator/Advisor
- Financial Counseling: Student Accounts
- Disability Counseling: Program Coordinator/Advisor
- Other information regarding completing a course of education at the education institution: Program Coordinator/Advisor