About This Course
Prepare your students to be savvy online researchers by giving them the tools they need to distinguish facts from misinformation. Gain confidence and resources for teaching how to evaluate information and spot unreliable sources. In this free, hands-on course you will:
- Evaluate online sources like a professional fact checker
- Practice lateral reading and other fact-checking methods centered on a topic relevant to you and your curriculum or content area
- Unpack how to recognize both reliable and unreliable sources whether researching online or scrolling social media
- Create a lesson plan on any aspect of online source evaluation to build students’ online research and evaluation skills in a way that aligns with your curriculum goals
- K-12 educators in all subject areas who want to develop skills and confidence with media making and media literacy.