Autism Spectrum Disorders Added AuthorizationApril 14, 2023 2023-07-27 16:04
Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization
Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization (ASDAA)
Teachers who hold an Education Specialist teaching credential that does not include the Autism authorization can become the designated teacher for students with Autism by obtaining this authorization.
The program consists of 5 units, and applicants may be eligible for course equivalencies based on their previous academic transcripts, subject to review. The classes for this program are conducted in-person and take place in Stockton or Ceres.
CLICK ON A TAB TO LEARN MORE
- Valid California Education Specialist Teaching Credential that does not already authorize autism services
- Verification of Teaching Employment within the IMPACT Program service area in the specialty area that you are pursuing
- EDSP 202: Communication and Language Development (1)
- EDSP 207: Engaging and Teaching Students with Autism (2)
- EDSP 203: Collaboration and Communication (1)
- EDSP 287: Support Supervision: ASDAA (1)
- *Equivalencies for prior coursework may be granted.
- Autism Added Authorization applications are accepted twice a year with the following deadlines:
- April 10 – August 25 (To begin Fall 2023)
- October 1 – December 15 (to begin Spring 2024)
Learn more about TCSJ