Autism Spectrum Disorders Added AuthorizationApril 14, 2023 2023-05-12 16:16
Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization
Autism Spectrum Added Authorization (ASDAA)
Teachers who hold an Education Specialist teaching credential that does not include the Autism authorization can become the designated teacher for students with Autism by obtaining this authorization.
The program consists of 5 units, and applicants may be eligible for course equivalencies based on their previous academic transcripts, subject to review. The classes for this program are conducted in-person and take place in Stockton or Ceres.
CLICK ON A TAB TO LEARN MORE
Valid California Education Specialist Teaching Credential that does not already authorize autism services (visit ctc.ca.gov)
- EDSP 202: Communication and Language Development (1)
- EDSP 207: Engaging and Teaching Students with Autism (2)
- EDSP 203: Collaboration and Communication (1)
- EDSP 287: Support Supervision: ASDAA (1)
- *Equivalencies for prior coursework may be granted.
Please visit the Tuition & Fees page for full details.
- Autism Added Authorization applications are accepted twice a year with the following deadlines:
- October 1 – December 15
- April 10 – July 15
Apply Now: https://apply.teacherscollegesj.edu/
Learn more about TCSJ