About This Course
With the explosion of the kinds of media now available, teaching students how to critically read media is more important than ever. Learn how media messages are built not just through scripts but production choices like framing and music and how these choices influence our interpretation and actions. In this free, hands-on course you will:
- Learn concrete steps for how to teach students to critically examine how media is made,
- Examine media production choices and how those influence message
- Develop a framework for analyzing media in a variety of formats
- Prepare students to be critical consumers of media, as well as more successful media makers
- This course is for K-12 educators in all subject areas who want to develop skills and confidence with media making and media literacy.